Bulk Buying Options
Small Chicken CSA
- Our smallest package for those that eat a limited amount of chicken. With this package you’ll get four of our pasture-raised, GMO Free chickens at every pick up (16 chickens a year) at $4.80/lb. That’s 20% off our retail price! Total estimated price for a chicken a month at 20% off is $345.60.
Large Chicken CSA
- Our best deal! This package is for the family or individual that wants to eat a chicken every single week. The Large Chicken CSA Member gets 13 chickens every pick up for a total of 52 chickens a year. With the Large Chicken CSA you get a Dawnbreaker Farms pasture-raised, GMO Free chicken for only $4.20/LB!
- That’s 30% off our retail price! Total estimated price for a chicken a week at 30% off is $982.80
Medium Chicken CSA
- For those that want a chicken every other week. With this package you’ll get eight of our chickens every pick up for a total of 32 chickens a year. With 25% the Medium Chicken CSA you get a Dawnbreaker Farms pasture-raised, GMO Free chicken for only $4.50/LB! That’s 25% off our retail price! Annual estimated cost for the Medium Chicken CSA is $648.
Small poultry box:
$85/month | $1,000/annually
- 10 lbs of our local regenerative pasture raised poultry.
* Example box includes one whole chicken or duck, 1 pack of chicken or duck parts and 1 pack of ground turkey or turkey parts.
Large poultry box:
$150/month | $1,725/annually
- 20 lbs of our local, regenerative pasture raised poultry. Will include two whole chickens or ducks, 2 packs of chicken or duck cuts and 2 packs of ground turkey or turkey cuts.
How It Works:
- Every CSA works the same – basically you pay up front for the amount of chicken you will eat for the entire year and for making that commitment to us we give you a discount.
- A $200 deposit is due at sign up and then 25% of the remainder will be due at each of the four chicken CSA pick ups.
- IMPORTANT*** CSA pick up dates will happen ON FARM directly after the birds are processed and packaged. They will be extremely fresh.
- The four pick up dates are listed below in the Chicken CSA FAQ.
- Please note that the Chicken CSA is for whole chickens only.
- Chicken CSA discount is not to be used with Credibles or other discounts.
FAQ – Chicken CSA
Is this the same quality of pasture-raised GMO-Free chicken that I've come to know and trust from Dawnbreaker Farms?
What if I want to get all my pre-ordered chicken all at once?
How much do I pay per pick up?
What if I only want chicken parts like breasts and thighs and don't want whole chickens?
What are the four Chicken CSA pick up dates?
How many chickens do I get per pick up?
How did you calculate the total for each CSA package? Doesn't every chicken have a unique weight?
I already use Credibles. Can I combine by Credibles credits with the Chicken CSA?
Gosh, your farm is really farm away. Can you just bring it to market for me?
Why Sell Our Chickens For Less?
Good question! There are two main reasons. The first is out of necessity for us. Meat farming is a cash flow dance. We raise large-ish batches of animals at a time and have to pay all the costs that go along with them such as feed, processing, cold storage and purchasing the animals themselves. But we don’t sell of our meat at once and sometimes have to hold onto it for several months. So… we’ve got a cash flow bottle neck between the time that we put our meat in the freezer and the time it goes home to yours. The Chicken CSA is one way we can get cash at the beginning of the year to ease this bottle neck so we can focus on growing the best meat on the planet instead of worrying about whether or not we can pay the bills 🙂
Half HogFlat rate of $680
- Fill your freezer with the best food possible! With this package you will get a half hog for 20% off retail value! Perfect for the family that eats pork once a week. You’ll get approximately 85 lbs of GMO Free meat to take home at a great discount.
Whole HogFlat price of $1250
- Fill your freezer with the best!! Get our forest-raised non-GMO pork for 25% off retail value when you purchase this package. A whole hog is perfect for the family that eats pork a few times per week. You’ll get approximately 170 lbs of the best pork availble to take home at a great discount.
$99.00/monthy | $1,180/annually
- Perfect for the small family, couple or individual big meat water. An example of this box will include: 1 chicken or duck, a package of chicken or duck cuts, 2 lbs of sausage, ground or cut of turkey, pack of pork chops, ribs, or roast.
$139.00/monthy | $1,580/annually
Big Eater Share :
$200/monthly | $2,280/annually
For the family of big meat eaters! Our best bargain box will keep you and your family fed well for the entire month! An example of this bomb of a box is: 2 chickens or ducks, 2 packs of chicken or duck cuts, 2 packs of ground turkey or turkey cuts, 5 packs of pork sausage, 3 packs of pork chops, ribs or roasts.
How It Works:
- By buying in bulk we can pass along efficiencies to you in the form of a BIG discount.
- You pay a convenient flat rate. No hidden costs or ambiguous price tags.
- A half hog is $680 for approximately 85 lbs of meat. A whole hog is $1250 for approximately 170 lbs of meat.
- To get started place an order here.
- After the deposit is made we will pack your order and arrange a time for pick up. The remainder minus the deposit will be due at pick up.
- Unless otherwise arranged the customer picks up the meat at the farm.
- We use a locally owned, federally inspected Slaughterhouse that is Animal Welfare Approved. You can learn about Acres Station Meat Farm here.
- By purchasing a whole hog from us you save on average 30% over our retail cuts!
FAQ – Whole/Half Hog
How much meat can I expect?
How much freezer space will that take?
What kind of cuts can I expect from a half hog?
- 8 lbs of bacon and bacon ends
- 12 lbs of bone in pork chops
- 8 lbs of Boston Butt shoulder
- 6 lbs of spare ribs
- 40 lbs of sausage
- 2.5 lbs of shank
- 1.5 lbs of hocks
- 5 lbs of neck bones
- Odd cuts available (head, tails, heart, liver, kidney. Hey, it’s your pig and you paid for it. Might as well enjoy it from snout to tail)
- Double the above for a whole hog
What if I don't want to drive all the way out to pick up my meat?
Can I customize my order?
What kind of sausage do I get?
- Plain Ground Pork
- Mild Italian Links
- Mild Italian Bulk
- Spicy Italian Links
- Bulk Chorizo
- Smoked Polish ($1.90/lb extra charge for the smoking)
- Mild Breakfast Pinkies
- Mild Breakfast Bulk
- Maple Pinkies
Plain speak - How much does pork from a half or whole hog cost?
What's so good about your pork?
This is great! How do I order?
Our whole and half hog options connect you to the farmer, to the land and to the pig.
Please read our FAQ to learn more information about buying a whole and half hog.
Bulk Broth Bones
Here’s how it works:
Here’s How It Works:
- Buy 10 or more lbs and receive 10% off our retail price.
- Buy 20 or more lbs and receive 20% off our retail price.
- Buy 30 or more lbs and receive 30% off our retail price.
Pricing and discounts apply to both chicken backs and pork neck bones and seasonally to turkey backs. Discounts do not apply to feet.
We really honor our relationships with our loyal customers and Bulk Buying is a way we can give back to you all for helping us live out our dream of healing the land with our sustainably raised meat. In an age of agricultural disconnect this is a great opportunity to build a mutually beneficial relationship between farmer and eater.